Introducing Genie's new Smart Phone Enabled Garage Door Controller
If you are like many homeowners, the garage door is the largest and most used entry point to the home. Monitoring who is going in and out of your garage or having the ability to use your smart device to operate the garage door gives peace-of-mind and control.
Aladdin Connect does those things and much more. With Aladdin Connect not only can you check whether your garage door is open or closed, but you can also:
- Instantly know that someone is operating your garage door, whether the person is an authorized user or not.
- Know when someone is manually operating your door so you can take necessary steps to find out who and why.
- Open the door for anyone such as delivery or repair persons, relatives, or friends when they call or text you upon their arrival so you don't have to provide a temporary access password.
- Have a history for each opener of when the door was used including dates & times.
The Aladdin Connect Advantage:
Because Aladdin Connect uses a sensor attached to the garage door itself, you are alerted as to whether the door changes to the fully open or closed position even if the door is operated manually by disengaging the door from the opener. Thatâ€™s a big security advantage versus other systems that monitor the opener instead of the garage door position.
(PDF 235 KB)
Control and monitor the status of your garage door from anywhere with your smart device.
- Remote Access Control System with easy installation and set-up
- Compatible with most iOS and Android mobile devices
- Compatible with most residential garage door openers (See our Opener Compatibility list)
- Ability to monitor the door position (open or closed)and any change to the position whether it's done through the Aladdin Connect app or manually
- Ability to know if an authorized user is operating the door with the Aladdin Connect app
- Maintains access history report for each opener
- UL 325 compliant - audible and visual signals before door moves when operated from smart device
- One Door Control Module controls up to three doors while one Door Position Sensor is needed per door (one module and sensor come standard with kit; additional sensors sold separately)
New Time-Based Features
Genie's Aladdin Connect smart phone system that allows you to control and monitor your garage door now has several time features, making it an even more essential product to have for any smart garage.
The new features include:
Create a virtual key as it allows homeowners to provide temporary or permanent access to relatives, friends, or service workers. Simply have the person download the free app, add their name to your list of users and what time length of access you want to give, and you're all set. Their virtual key will expire in an hour, a day, a month, or whatever time frame you set.
Set your door to automatically close at any time. For example, maybe everyone in the house has been using the garage at different times and it's hard to tell if the last person using it closed the door for the night. So to be safe, you set it to automatically close at 10 p.m. in case the last person using it for the day forgets to close it.
Set your garage door to close after a set time frame. Let's say everyone in the house knows to close the door after they're done in the garage so it's not open too long for bugs or rodents to get in. But just in case they forget, you can set the door to always automatically close after one or two hours of being continually open, or whatever timeframe you set.
- Door Control Module
- Door Position Sensor
Aladdin Connect Installation & ProgrammingProgramming/Installing the
Aladdin Connect App: Poster Quick Set-up Guide
(English) (PDF Download: 1.83 MB) Quick Set-up Guide
(Spanish) (PDF Download: 1.59 MB) Printer-friendly Videos 1. Aladdin Connect add-on kit
set-up & installation: Watch Video 2. Aladdin Connect integrated
Wi-Fi programming & set-up: Watch Video This video for use with the following Genie openers:
- SilentMax Connect
- Chain Glide Connect
- Model 3120
Home Automation System ProgrammingProgramming to Iris® Home Automation System: Iris Programming Guide (PDF Download: 1.16 MB) Installation video guide: Watch Video (To be used in conjunction with
Iris Programming Guide)