Model 6170 & 6070
Genie Models 6170 & 6070 feature our all-new wall mount design. The openers eliminate the traditional rail & powerhead design by attaching directly to the garage door’s spring tube.Model 6170 includes integrated Aladdin Connect smart garage door controller and battery backup. Model 6070 does not include those features, although either can be added at a later date.
Direct Shaft Couple Drive
|Wall mount Design||✔️||✔️|
|Integrated Aladdin Connect||✔️||*|
|Battery Backup Included ♦||✔️||*|
|Wireless Wall Console||✔️||✔️|
|Intellicode® Security to stop thieves||✔️||✔️|
|HomeLink® & Car2U® compatible ✝||✔️||✔️|
|Flexible Placement LED Light Fixture||✔️||✔️|
|Door Lock Included||✔️||✔️|
|15-Year Limited Motor Warranty||✔️||✔️|
✝ Compatible with all versions.
Please tell us about your Genie experience to help us continue to produce the best openers & accessories for customers just like you!
- New wall mount style clears up ceiling space by eliminating rail & powerhead from ceiling. You can use the freed up space for extra storage or just enjoy the clean, uncluttered look.
- Aladdin Connect (Model 6170 only) – Integrated smart garage capability provides the ability to remotely monitor & control your garage door with your smart device from almost anywhere at any time, while tracking the operation of your door. Since Aladdin Connect is built into the opener, you do not need to add any other hardware. Works in conjunction with your home router.
- Battery Backup (Model 6170 only) - Getting in and out of the garage during a power outage has never been easier when your Genie battery backup kicks in. (Required in California)
- Patent-pending slack cable detection technology helps insure safe door travel.
- Bright LED light fixture provides ample glowing light with flexibility to place fixture wherever desired in the garage.
- Includes Door Lock which ensures no one can open the door from the outside without first pulling the release handle on the inside.
- Pre-programmed remote is ready to use out-of-the-box. (Simple steps to change programming if desired.)
- If you have a TorqueMaster® Counterbalance Spring System, you will need an adapter kit